HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
At Tourism Recruit, we respect your rights. We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of our services. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only. This starts with making sure that you gain a meaningful understanding about how and why your data is collected and used and ensuring that you have the information you need to make the choices that are right for you across our products and services. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, you can discontinue use of the website. This document outlines our approach to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other relevant data-protection legislation.
When we do collect data, we will use it to benefit you and to make your experience with our website and services better. This principle forms the foundation of the Tourism Recruit approach to privacy and will continue to shape the way we build our products and services.
On the rest of this website, you’ll find links to more information and controls so that you can make the right decisions for you. This Policy and any disputes arising therefrom shall be governed exclusively by the Courts of the Republic of Ireland.
Under certain circumstances you have rights under applicable data protection law in relation to personal data, namely to:
· Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
· Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
· Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
· Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
· Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
· Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
· Withdraw consent at any time if and to the extent we are relying on consent as the legal basis to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
· Regarding your right to have your personal data erased, you can delete your user account with Tourism Recruit at any time. Deleting your user account deletes records of job applications sent, CVs and cover letters stored in your account, your profile, saved jobs and job alerts. Once your user account is deleted, it is gone forever and cannot be restored. Some personal data however may still be stored and visible in other places on the Website. For example, if you have applied for a job, your application information including your name, email, CV and cover letter may still be visible to the Customer in their user account on the Website. We will endeavour to contact Customers we know who have accessed your personal data within the previous 18 months and inform them of your request to erase your personal data.
· You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
· In order to exercise one or more of your rights in respect of your personal data, you can do so from the Account Settings option in Your Account on the Website. Alternatively, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, but in any case within the legally required period of time.
· You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Data Protection Commission, the Irish supervisory authority for data protection issues (https://www.dataprotection.ie). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Data Protection Commission so please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Each time you use this website you shall be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and accordingly you should review the Privacy Statement each time you use this website. This is a live document, under regular review. This policy was last updated in July 2020.
When you choose to visit this website, create an account or fill any forms with us you hereby consent to the use of that information as set out in this statement. We will always communicate any changes made to our statement to ensure that you are always informed on how your information is used any why.
WHAT KINDS OF DATA DOES TOURISM RECRUIT COLLECT?
You have the opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the “contact us” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, request information, provide your details for a stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes or to provide feedback. By choosing to participate in these, you might provide us with some personal information. This information may include your name, email, telephone number and any further details which we might request and which will have been provided by you.
The purpose of collecting this information is for jobseekers and employers searching for employees to engage in the recruitment process through the medium of Tourism Recruit’s website (the “Stated Purpose”). Jobseekers upload their personal details when creating their own personal profile account and may attach a photo, video link, cover letter and CV into their file. For those who do not create a profile they may just send their CV and cover letter directly to job that is posted on the website. Employers create their accounts and profiles with personal information and imagery so that they can advertise jobs and attract job seekers. The purpose of the website may also be to provide you with other information that may be relevant to you or your business in the form of newsletters or press releases. This information will only be used by us for the aforementioned stated purpose in addition to which any reasonably incidental purposes; Verification purposes and statistical analysis; and Marketing and administration purposes.
In order to apply for a job through the Website, you will need to register an account with Tourism Recruit, which will involve you giving us your Identity, Contact and Profile Data. We will inform you at the time of collecting personal data from you whether you must provide the personal data to use the Website or a particular Service, or whether the provision of personal data requested by us is optional (e.g. providing your personal or professional interests and experiences with our products or services is optional). We will inform you at the time of collection whether your personal data will be accessible to other users of the Website or by third parties, so that you can decide whether to provide it.
It is not necessary to register a user account in order to search and view job advertisements, view company profiles or access career advice articles on the Website. However, we will receive Technical Data and Usage Data when you browse the Website.
When registering for a user account on Tourism Recruit, we will collect and gather the following categories of personal data:
1. Identity Data such as first name, surname, gender, date of birth.
2. Contact Data such as address, e-mail address, telephone number.
3. Profile Data such as your username and password, personal data contained in resumes/CVs and cover letters, employment details, education history, eligibility to work, salary expectations, job applications made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, company ratings and survey responses. They can also upload a link to a video they may have of themselves on third party video provided.
4. Financial Data such as required.
5. Technical Data such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
6. Usage Data such as information about how you use the Website and Tourism Recruit Services.
7. Marketing and Communications Data such as your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and third parties and your communication preferences.
8. The type of personal data collected and used by us varies depending upon whether you are a registered user of just browsing the Website, or if you use one or more of the Tourism Recruit Services.
9. We collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under applicable data protection law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
HOW WE USE DATA
We do not request from you any special categories/sensitive personal data (e.g. personal data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political or religious opinions, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life or orientation). This type of personal data is subject to special protections under EU law.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your personal data. Please contact us if you need details, in addition to those set out above, about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
We use your personal data in the following ways:
2. We will:
• (a) maintain this personal data in our database of searchable and viewable CVs and resumes ("CV Database");
• (b) display your CV or resume and associated personal data for our Customers, so that our Customers and their customers are able to evaluate whether you are a suitable candidate for a vacant position (whether or not a Job Specification);
4. We will collect and use Profile, Technical and Usage Data for data analytics purposes to improve the Website, products/services, marketing, user/Customer relationships and experience. This involves building a profile of your interests based on the job specifications you have interacted with in the past 45 days. This is necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure that Website content is presented in an effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
6. We collect and use Technical, Usage and Profile Data for data analytics purposes to build an understanding of the sort of jobs registered users of the Website are most interested in by learning from the jobs you view and apply for to tailor the jobs we present to you. Our understanding of the jobs you might like will adapt and change as it is based on the job content you interact with over a rolling 45 day period. This will involve profiling. This is necessary for our legitimate interest to ensure registered users are informed of roles relevant to them which in turn improves our service;
8. We will collect and use Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage, Profile Data and Marketing and Communications Data to send you career support and advice emails from Tourism Recruit and job and training opportunities from trusted third party partners that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. This processing of your personal data is based on your consent and our legitimate interests to direct market, develop our products/services and grow our business.
12. We will collect and use Identity; Contact and Technical Data to administer and protect our business and the Website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) which is necessary (i) for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise) and (ii) to comply with a legal obligation;
WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
PEOPLE WHO EMAIL US
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with our data protection policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the European Union. Unsolicited material of a criminal nature will be reported to the relevant authorities and blocked.
If you would like to unsubscribe to receiving Tourism Recruit correspondence please do so by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject line or just click the Unsubscribe button in the email you receive from us.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures and with regard to reporting data protection breaches.
We will notify serious data breaches to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) without undue delay, and where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of same. If notification is not made after 72 hours, we will record a reasoned justification for the delay; however, it is not necessary to notify the DPC where the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. A personal data breach in this context means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
We will keep a record of any data breaches, including their effects and the remedial action taken, and will notify you of any data breach affecting your personal data (which poses a high risk to you) when we are required to do so under Data Protection Legislation.
RIGHT TO REPORT TO DATA PROTECTION COMMISSIONER
If you do not think that we have processed your personal data in accordance with this Policy, please contact us in the first instance. If you are not satisfied, you can complain to the DPC or exercise any of your other rights pursuant to Data Protection Legislation. Information about how to do this is available on the DPC website at https://www.dataprotection.ie
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. This Website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 16 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 16.
Tourism Recruit is the data controller for the information you provide during the process unless otherwise stated.
WHERE WE STORE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you consent to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. The safeguards in place with regard to the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA are the entry by us into appropriate contracts with all transferees of such personal data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
HOW LONG IS THE INFORMATION RETAINED FOR?
If you are successful with any application through Tourism Recruit, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 6 years following the end of your employment. If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for 12 months from the closure of the campaign. Information generated throughout the assessment process, for example interview notes, is retained by us for 12 months following the closure of the campaign. Equal opportunities information is retained for 12 months following the closure of the campaign whether you are successful or not.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices relating to the website or your dealing with the website you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the Company’s registered office address:
Hospitality Connections Limited T/ A Tourism Recruit
76 Swanbrook, Southern Cross
County Wicklow A98H364
- Head Breakfast Chef
- Accommodation Supervisor Great Southern Killarney Hotel Killarney
- Experienced Bartender/Mixologist
Great Southern Killarney
- Night Manager - Crowne Plaza Dundalk Tifco Hotel Group Hotel Dundalk
- Bar Person
The K Club