Wedding and Events Coordinator Job Description is dynamic and extensive. You can read more about it bellow.
However, if you are looking for event jobs click on the link.
Wedding and Events Coordinator Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilise all Events administration standards as per current Minimum Standards such as a 24-hour response time to enquiries and correspondence and maintain system for active follow-up.
- Ensure definite bookings are regularly followed up to secure accurate numbers as far in advance as possible but no later than 5 days prior to arrival. Ensure regular updates on specific bookings within the time-frame are provided in order to assist Revenue Manager & Senior Sales Manager in accurate forecasting.
- Practice Yield Management of inventories in accordance with Budget guidelines & Promotional/Periodical Offers.
- Understand and effectively manage cultural needs and expectations of groups utilising facilities.
- Effectively & positively manage changes in operation, policy and procedures with all contacts.
- Analyse internal or external reports and apply to Department operations as appropriate.
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business. Also, adhere to the pre-set strategic guidelines, working in accordance with budget guidelines and ensuring numbers and pricing guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Project a pleasant, positive and professional image to all contacts at all times.
- Attend scheduled events briefings providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries.
- Participate/attend at the Management Meetings, Sales Meetings, BEO’s etc when required.
- Co-ordinate functions with F&B outlets in order to maximize service delivery and usage of space.
- Highlight enquiries which require DOH assistance towards conversion
- Communicate daily to your Manager and DOHs on any critical issues and activities of Events particularly any variances to anticipated Forecast.
- Ensure up-selling wherever possible to maximize F&B Revenues, in addition to Miscellaneous revenue.
- Research market trends and generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive set
- Build network in organisations that may directly or indirectly impact our business as appropriate.
- Obtain a full knowledge of competitor products in order that identification can be made when quoting to customers in order to understand market place.
Did you find what you were looking for? Check out other job descriptions: