What does a Training Manager do and what are the duties and responsibility that fall under their job description?
Training Manager facilitates and ensures compliance of hotel and brand training programs. This includes but is not limited to Employee Orientation, Harassment Free Workplace Training, Craft Training Certificate, Performance Management, Safety related training, career development training, guest satisfaction training, and employee morale programs.
Training Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Assess training programs to determine effectiveness, need for enhancements, or elimination of programs. Actively pursue alternative training vehicles/methods, and interactive training technologies.
- Responsible for the scheduling of appropriate registration systems for all hotel training classes. Include the posting of all class information, creating program agendas, and communication to all internal audiences. Review and approve all confirmation packet materials and other communications as they relate to the above classes.
- Assess and coach department trainers on content and delivery of all hotel training programs.
- Develop training programs/applications, curricula, assessment tools and corresponding materials (includes lesson plans, participant materials, job aids, user manuals, etc.) for the hotel’s end users. Ensure that all course curriculum and educational materials are current.
- Collaborate with the Director of HR in consulting with key department contacts to identify training needs and design programs and tools that support performance initiatives and strategic objectives. Prepare monthly training progress reports and communicate to management team members the previous month’s accomplishments and next month’s training objectives.
- Support departments in developing cutting edge functional excellence and in developing leadership capabilities.
- Act as a change catalyst in the cultural and organizational transformation of the Hotel.
- Provide key input of Training aspects for all activities and plans of the Hotel.
- Support individual and team development, career development, and training and experience-based learning.
- Induct, coach, and mentor new Team Members.
- Interact with HODs responsible for people development to provide support to operational departments.
- Partner with departments to deliver training programs and other organizational and leadership development interventions.
- Monitor and conduct learning and development reviews with each department.
- Prepare annual training plans and monthly training calendars for the hotel.