Store Manager Job Description – overseeing the smooth running of the store while also achieving set target and budgets. They are also responsible for cost control in the areas of food cost, labour cost, utilities, equipment, maintenance, and operating supplies. A store manager is also in charge of labour management.
Check out retail jobs here or scroll below to see which duties and responsibilities fall under a Store Manager Job Description.
Store Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive revenue by improving customer service focus.
- Lead by example.
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure all marketing campaigns are implemented.
- Provide TLC to each staff member to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Lead management and staff to build and maintain high sales and profits in their store.
- Develop the business and build relationships in local communities to generate business.
- Create an action plan for your store, communicate it to the team and follow up.
- Take the lead in planning for people development, recruitment, training, as well as a succession planning for the future of the store.
- Oversee employee relations and customer complaints and take necessary actions.
- Assume full responsibility and ownership for the store.
- Participate with the Operations and Area Management to implement the company strategic plan and manage a budget.
- Assist in implementation, execution, and evaluation of the operational plan.
- Ensure that the operations of the store meet the expectations of customers and the company standards.
- Implement and enforce company policies.
- Manage staffing requirements in store by ongoingly working on retention & development plans.
- Implement human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Establish a positive, healthy, and safe work environment in accordance with company standards.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff and conduct performance reviews.
- Manage and monitor KPI’s to help measure progress towards the business plan.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to customers, staff, management, property, finances, and image and flag those with Operations.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional operational and service standards in the store.
- Weekly budget and KPI reporting to Area Manager.
- Carry out Store Inspections and liaise with relevant departments to ensure any non-compliances are rectified.
- Liaise with KCR to ensure all products are of good quality and in stock.
- Assist in launching new revenue initiatives.