What would your job description be if you got a job as a Sales and Marketing Manager today? Keep reading to find out. Or, just visit Tourism Recruit if you’re looking for Sales and Marketing Manager jobs.
Sales and Marketing Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- As a Sales and Marketing Manager, it is in your job description to identify local, national and international opportunities. You should also be building relationships with key individuals and organisations.
- Furthermore, you are supposed to manage existing accounts and develop new accounts from corporate markets for bedroom, meeting and event business at the Hotel.
- Participate in all sales activities. This includes sales calls, corporate entertaining, social events and promotions.
- Be aware of the main market developments that influence business or create favourable market conditions.
- Ensure the accurate processing, distribution, filing and follow up of all sales correspondence. This includes the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations and cancellations as well.
- Report all sales activity to the General Manager on a weekly basis.
- Execute quarterly sales and marketing plans to focus and adapt activity to support business needs.
- Be able to achieve specific targets and motivate sales teams to achieve them.
- Protect and promote the reputation of the Hotel at all times in any sales and marketing activity.
- Manage the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Create and develop marketing communication activities.
- Suggest innovative marketing ideas to grow market share
- Identify public relations opportunities to compliment the overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Maintain successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the Hotel.
- Focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s sales objectives.
Looking for more sales and marketing job descriptions? Check the ones below: