What’s in a sales and marketing executive job description? Read our article below and find out. Or, just search Tourism Recruit for the latest hospitality sales and marketing jobs in Ireland.
Sales and Marketing Executive Job Description – Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Maximise income from the utilisation of accommodation.
- Manage and implement the revenue/rate control for the facility and ensure that budget targets are met.
- Analyse data and trends. Moreover, work closely with the senior management to make improvements.
- Obtain timely and accurate information on competitors. This includes pricing, business levels and available facilities.
- Manage all elements of room revenue, reservations and Group bookings.
- Support the preparation of reports on the accommodation commercial strategy.
- Support the Accommodation Sales & Marketing Executive to recruit and train staff.
- Supervise commercial reception and accommodation operations. Aforementioned includes liaising with other service departments.
- Ensure best practices in revenue management are in place and the maximum revenue is achieved on any given day.
- Update availability on all channels.
- Input individual and group bookings.
Sales and Marketing Executive – Skills and Abilities
- Refined communication skills – verbal and written (Inc. Report writing skills)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in the field of revenue management
- Proven organisational skills to function with a high level of autonomy and flexibility
- Strong public speaker and good front of house skills
- Be a power user of accommodation management software including that used in universities
- Experience of working in a complex and diverse business setting is extremely advantageous
- Detail oriented and hands on with a customer-centered approach
- Proven leadership skills
- Highly motivated with excellent people management skills