Restaurant Manager Resort Job Description
Job Spec: RESTAURANT MANAGER
- Responsible for all restaurant and fine dining operations.
- To resolve guest complaints and ensure excellent guest service.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all food and beverages to the required standards.
- To ensure that the restaurant and back of the restaurant areas are clean and well maintained and that table appointments are impeccable.
- To ensure that restaurant/room service staff are well trained, correctly and smartly dressed and serve their customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- To ensure that reports, rosters, timesheets and administration requirements are submitted in a timely fashion.
- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control and that staff are fully aware of the importance of key security.
- To be familiar with all statutory requirements regarding a food and beverage operation, and that the conditions affecting the issues of a liquor licence are not jeopardised.
- To ensure that an effective table reservation system is in operation.
- To be fully aware of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement of the restaurant operation.
- To ensure sales & marketing initiatives are carried out in a timely fashion.
- To have awareness of market trends / competitors and react accordingly.
- To look for creative ways to promote and execute strong guest relations activities and procedures with regular and VIP guests.
- To ensure that regular stock takes are conducted.
- To attend management meetings as required.
- Budget goals are attained.
- Make recommendations with respect to Food and Beverage promotions in order to achieve on service delivery objectives, whilst optimising on sales.
- To encourage upselling within the restaurant and fine dining venues.
- Responsibility for all areas of bar & stock security.
- To hold regular staff meetings.
- To ensure completion of training for all staff members.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all staff, identifying areas for development and training needs.
- Assist with recruitment.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that any hazards are reported and acted upon without reasonable delay and appropriate action taken to avoid injury.
- To liaise with H&S Officer to repair/renewal of any maintenance or equipment issues.
- To comply with company policies regarding fire, health and safety, food hygiene and security.
- To ensure that a safe and secure environment for guests, staff and visitors is maintained at all times.
- Have 3rd level qualification in Restaurant, Hotel Management or equivalent.
- He/she must have at least 3 years-experience within a five-star Hotel/Property.
- He/she must be self-motivated, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a good ability to lead and motivate.
- Have strong organisational skills.
- A good “eye for fine detail” is essential.
To view lots of F & B job descriptions on Tourism Recruit please click here.
To view all our live bar jobs please click here.