What does a recruitment officer do and what exactly is their job description?
Recruitment officer is in charge of providing support to the Human Resource team with delivery of Induction and other ad-hoc HR duties. They usually report to the Talent Acquisition Manager or Recruitment Manager.
Find out more about the role below or check out HR jobs on Tourism Recruit.
Recruitment Officer Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a recruitment service to the business through the recruitment of high calibre colleagues and management as they arise. Deliver a 360 end to end process with full responsibility for all administrative aspects of the role.
- Ensure vacancies are requested through the formal request process and in line with agreed budgets.
- Post vacancies through various recruitment media and manage all applications received from candidates in a timely manner.
- Direct the sourcing of specialist positions through social media channels and professional networks.
- Screen applications and conduct first round interviews.
- Coordinate all final interviews, including presentations as required.
- Perform reference checks for short-listed candidates.
- Schedule and coordinate high volume colleague recruitment for new venue openings.
- Coordinate the on boarding process for new hires ensuring central inductions take place in line with the recruitment volumes.
- Follow and complete on boarding process through to venues. Ensure that correct in-venue induction takes place and probation is monitored and completed.
- Make sure correct paperwork is prepared in time for recruitment and/or training events.
- Assist with training and be an active member within the Training and Development team.