Personal Assistant Job Description will vary depending on the size of the company. However, you might be able to get a better feel of the role by reading some common duties.
Personal Assistant Job Description
- Ensuring accurate and timely production of all information required for management team reports.
- To be responsible for the provision of a full range of secretarial duties including shorthand, word processing, personal filing, appointments, and other relevant duties. Providing secretarial support to the other members of the senior management team as required.
- Organising and attending meetings as directed and prepare project and report briefs for the Managing Director and senior management team, making sure they are appropriately prepared for meetings. Delivering reports and presentations as required.
- Overseeing the project management of the Managing Director and senior management team’s projects. Also, providing guidance, ensuring overall quality, and reporting progress to appropriate committees as required.
- Assisting in the production of the company’s’ business plan.
- Arranging appointments and meetings, taking messages, and arranging interviews. In the absence of the Managing Director and senior management team, meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Establishing and maintaining the personal filing system for the Managing Director and senior management team.
- Liaising with the general public and outside agencies as necessary, concerning the company’s facilities, services and events, carrying out specific projects and research.
- Representing the company, both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Composing and producing confidential letters, reports, and similar documents. Either on his or her own initiative or in accordance with general or specific directions.
- Opening and processing all private and confidential mail sent to the Managing Director as well as other members of the company’s’ senior management team.
- Filtering telephone calls received and making calls as required on behalf of the Managing Director and senior management team.
- Dealing with members of the council and the board and liaise between the Managing Director and senior management team and unit managers.
- Organising and booking travel and accommodation arrangements for the company’s team when attending conferences and meetings.
- Undertaking duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the company.
If you would like to see our latest jobs, click here.