Meetings and Events Sales Manager Job Description revolves around maximising conference and banqueting revenue and profit through pro-active selling technique. An M&E Sales Manager usually reports to the Sales Manager or GM.
Meetings and Events Sales Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximise conference and banqueting revenue and profit through pro-active selling techniques, diary management and pricing strategy.
- Ensure the highest standards of meetings, events, conference & banqueting business processes are maintained.
- Ensure that the Meetings & Events Sales Team have the skills and knowledge to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- Manage the availability and co-ordination of the hotel function diary.
- Actively participate in Revenue and Monthly Meetings and ensure agreed actions are followed up.
- Ensure accuracy of data in all systems.
- Ensure the Meetings & Events Sales Team is working in synergy with Reservations, Sales, Finance & Human Resources.
- Train and monitor standards in the Meetings & Events office to ensure the majority of enquiries are converted.
- Be responsible for driving key sales activities through the Sales and Marketing plan.
- Have control of the Meetings & Events forecasting and budgeting.
- Implement an effective selling strategy and ensure this strategy is adhered to and understood at all levels.
- Previous meetings and events experience.
- Proactive sales approach with good commercial acumen.
- High level of written and spoken English with excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and complete work to strict deadlines.
- Display leadership and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- PC skills, to include, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to changing requirements
- Previous experience using a hotel reservation system would be advantageous.
Check out similar events jobs via this link and take a look at the following job descriptions: