Hotel Receptionist Job Description – assist in the organisation of the receptionist shift while on duty and provide the guest with friendly welcome and departure. Depending on the size of the team and the property, a hotel receptionist reports to Reception Supervisor, Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager.
If you’re looking for hotel receptionist jobs, check the link. And for a Hotel Receptionist Job Description, keep on reading.
Hotel Receptionist Job Description – Receptionist Duties
- Carry out all Reception duties, working as part of the Front Office Team (reception, reservations and concierge).
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction through the prompt handling of guest queries in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Anticipate guests needs and ensure that service is provided to the level they require.
- Answer the switchboard and hotel telephone.
- Give a warm and friendly welcome to all guests upon arrival.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all guests at all times.
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the team.
- Communicate hotel and city services to guests.
- Balance all financial records and reports at the end of each shift.
- Communicate clearly with tour guides and organise group luggage to and from bedrooms.
- Take messages on behalf of both the guests and Managers and ensure their delivery.
- Maximise room revenue and up-sell rates where possible.
- Participate in all relevant internal training.