Want to learn more about Hotel Deputy General Manager Job Description? What are the duties and responsibilities that come with the role? Keep reading to find that out or browse hotel deputy manager jobs on Tourism Recruit.
Hotel Deputy Manager is responsible for managing the operations of the hotel as well as providing strategic support to the GM. They are responsible for all operational Standards and procedures, training, team leadership and development. Some more specific duties are below.
Hotel Deputy General Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the management team and heads of departments.
- Liaise with departmental managers regularly.
- Consistently motivate and engage staff to deliver excellence in service.
- Support the profitability and cost management of the hotel.
- Perform Duty Managers duties.
- Ensure the best level of customer care within the hotel.
- Handle complaints and guest queries that arise in a professional and efficient manner. Furthermore, ensure thorough and complete follow up.
- Correspond with guests in a professional manner via telephone and email.
- Maintain and control distribution of all quality related documents.
- Ensure full adherence to Hygiene and Safety.
- Make sure all insurance matters are investigated and reported to the General Manager.
- Ensure daily fire walks are completed and any hazards are reported or rectified promptly.
- Assist the General Manager in supporting and coaching the management team.
- Deputise for the General Manager in his absence.
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the Management team.
- Develop and build relationships and influence with all levels of the business.
- Meet with the Assistant Managers monthly to discuss any issues or concerns. Also, meet individually to discuss the relevant roles and responsibilities. Monitor, control and advise.
- Manage and motivate HODs to achieve best possible standards. Ensure that cash handling and control systems are carried out in line with Hotel policy.
- Create rosters for the Assistant Managers Team.
- Ensure that induction of staff, the issuing of the hotel’s code of practice, contract of employment, health and safety statement and any related issues are dealt with by the Group HR manager.
- Coordinate the Training Development of all staff in line with Hotel policy. Follow disciplinary procedures on staff where required.
- Ensure members of staff adhere to grooming and uniform policy.
- Monitor and control costs and budgets monthly.
- Be responsible for Labour Costs in the organization as well as overall costs in line with the annual hotel budget.
- Manage payroll and wage budgets within budgetary constraints.
- Encourage up selling and cross selling throughout the organization.
- Assist in drawing up and achieving the annual hotel budget.
- Organise weekly and monthly stock taking.
- Coordinate with the HR manager in regard to training needs recruitment and selection of staff.
- Ensure that all enquiries are dealt with promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- Recruit senior staff in consultation with the HR Manager and General Manager.
- Meet with the Yield Committee weekly/biweekly to set rates.
Find similar job descriptions below: