Hotel Bar Manager Job Description
Main Purpose of the job:
Ensuring service provided in all beverage areas is to the Hotel Standard and all duties required to maintain such standards.
Main Duties for both departments:
Internal & External Customer Care:
- To ensure all guests receive genuine, warm, friendly, and courteous greeting during their stay from all hotel personnel.
- To empower, encourage and promote employees to make on the spot guest satisfaction decisions.
- To ensure all guest queries are handled promptly and efficiently
- To assist in implementing and maintaining a quality system for the Hotel, to ensure we always offer guests consistently high standards of quality through training and monitoring
- To assist in achieving annual awards and goals we set out to achieve
- To assist in developing the image of the hotel as a Quality Employer
- To assist in auditing department for service and quality and to assist in implementing strategies to improve results
- To efficiently and effectively control the department operation
- To ensure all departmental staff are able to carry out their duties to the standards as laid down in the standard of performance manual
- To be aware of relevant competitor information and market changes to assist in initiating changes to our services/rates as appropriate
- To ensure agreed uniform standards are achieved throughout department. To assist in controlling issue and returns.
- Ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, appearance, body language and conduct of employees is maintained by all employees in department
- To complete departmental action plans as per agreed standards and to encourage staff to be involved
- To ensure all departmental staff are trained in all aspects of their roles in both departments.
- To support and carry out the appropriate plans that are in place for departmental training and to help in measuring the effectiveness of this training
- To ensure all training is recorded in accordance with agreed procedures
- To attend training as required
- To ensure Induction training is carried out in accordance with Hotel procedures
- To ensure all staff attend training where scheduled.
- To accept flexible work schedules necessary for uninterrupted service to Hotel guests. To maintain flexibility within team
- To provide support where necessary in other areas of the Hotel
Health & Safety responsibilities:
- To ensure all accident and incidents are reported to the relevant people and to assist in providing all relevant backup.
- To maintain own working area tidy and in good shape. To report defective materials and equipment to appropriate individual
- To ensure a consistently high level of security is maintained throughout the department and comply with standards
- To be fully aware of the fire and emergency procedures within the Hotel and comply with standards
- To comply with all health, safety and welfare statutory requirements
- To appraise all staff regularly in accordance with agreed appraisal procedure
- Identify employees with potential for promotion and assist in implementing development plans
- To ensure all Human Resources Policies are adhered to and communicated to staff.
- To prepare all duty rotas for both departments
- To authorise all holidays in line with the dept managers.
Interviewing and selection:
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of departmental staff in accordance with agreed Hotel procedure
Grievance & Disciplinary:
- To ensure the agreed disciplinary and grievance procedure is adhered to at all times
- To ensure all employee counselling is documented and passed to HR
Morale and motivation:
- To work with the management team to ensure good morale amongst the team at all times
- To ensure all problems are resolved immediately within the department and to inform Department head and/or Senior Management of any such issues.
- To be part of setting realistic team targets
- To promote a culture where ideas are welcome and implemented by managers and staff. To promote, encourage and reward one idea per month from each employee
- To maintain good liaisons and communications with management and all other heads of department
- To help present daily shift meetings upon request
- To assist with monthly departmental meetings
- To ensure that the team committee member attends all committee meetings and that the feedback is acted upon immediately
- To ensure that all agreed employee terms and conditions are adhered to
- To attend meetings as required
Sales and costs:
- To pass on any information to the necessary department, and inform department head of the same
- To ensure all staff are familiar with safe keeping, cash handling, credit policy of the Hotel
- To assist in the compilation of annual budgets
- To assist in ensure all departmental staff are aware of Hotel promotions or special activities going on in the Hotel/area
- To be fully aware of maximizing profit through controlling operating expenses
Specific Departmental requirements:
- To ensure all guests queries are handled promptly and efficiently
- To ensure all guest requests are met or suitable alternatives suggested instead. i.e. Special dietary needs, VIP’s, Special Requests
- To assist in maximizing revenues, cost percentages and menu structure through efficient management
- To be aware of relevant competitor information and market changes to assist with initiating changes to our services / prices as appropriate
- To constantly liaise with Reception, reservations and Conference departments to ensure all guest requests are attended to efficiently while meeting and exceeding standards.
- To ensure we have a good working relationship with regular customers and groups.
- To ensure efficient service to guests at all times
- To ensure that staff have adequate supply of working tools and utensils to carry out their jobs to meet and exceed all standards.
- To ensure lost property is processed as per hotel procedure.
- To carry out monthly stock takes
- To complete employee rotas and timesheets.
- To maintain hotel plants and floral arrangements where required.
- To organise & supervise staff daily duties
To view lots of F & B job descriptions on Tourism Recruit please click here.
To view all our live bar jobs please click here.