Head of Operations Job Description – provides operational leadership & management of the entire property. The HOO must build and develop relationships with other departments to deliver organisational objectives.
They are responsible for the guest experience from arrival to departure. The Head of Operations must ensure the delivery of a world class service resulting in positive reviews & feedback. They are a true ambassador for the business and in charge of representing it at industry events, during high profile visits & during media coverage.
Usually, they report to the Managing Director. If you’re looking for ops jobs in hospitality, check them out here.
Head of Operations Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and build the integrity of the guest experience.
- Work with the senior management team to deliver the mission and identified goals with forward vision for long term strategic planning.
- Prioritise and multi-task without compromise to standards.
- Ramp up/down service specifications, as necessary.
- Be proactive & reactive in collating, analysing and auditing data. Develop and drive future strategies for the benefit of the property.
- Work in line with other departments across the wider group to find solutions for the overall benefit of the group.
- Take responsibility for H&S regulatory requirements.
- In charge of event management. From third party liaison, function planning, scheduling, set up, execution, dismantling, removal and all associated operational details related to all group/event bookings.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure all projects are operating in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for embedding a positive culture across Operations team.
- Work closely with HR and Training to ensure all Operations staff are up to speed with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate customer service standards training in line with the Training department.
- Responsible for identification of recruitment needs and follow through on selection of suitable staff.
- Work with the Training department on Induction for all new staff to explore and understand the business.
- Ensure compliance of Operations team with all internal procedures including procurement, cash handling, stock processes and communications policy.
- Work closely with the Head of Sales & Marketing in the active promotion, contracting and delivery of our promise as a unique experience.
- Take responsibility for the professional presentation of all staff.
Check out similar job descriptions below: