Head Kitchen Porter Job Description is to ensure the maintenance of a clean, sanitary kitchen by supervising utility staff and actively work in the department. VIEW JOBS
Head Kitchen Porter Job Description – Duties and responsibilities
- Issues cleaning supplies to stewards, checks the usage, and makes adjustments when necessary.
- Assigns utility stewards to their stations, and assigns any special cleaning.
- Follows up on assignments, and makes sure tasks are completed in a quality manner.
- Provides assistance to all stewards as required, and fills in at their stations when needed.
- Insures kitchen floors and walk-in coolers and fridges are clean by inspecting the work of stewards.
- Monitors employee cafeteria, and provides assistance to kitchen staff during set-up and cleaning.
- Plans for accurate supply, and puts together all relevant china, glass, silverware, and other needs for the conference and banqueting function.
- Monitors dishwashers and pot room areas and makes corrections, and gives a helping hand when needed.
- Takes inventory of existing china, glassware, etc. and reports to the Executive Chef.
- Insures that the proper amount of dishes have been set up.
- Monitors the breaking down and washing of all dishes and silverware from conference and banqueting.
- Follows proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices.
- Ensures readiness at all times.
Chief Steward Job Description – Duties and responsibilities
*The Head Kitchen Porter is sometimes known as Chief Steward.
- Supervises all stewards
- Attends meetings and training required by the Executive Chef
- Utilises supervisory skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction
- Helps employees to achieve optimum quality on time
- Adheres to all health, sanitation and food safety rules and regulations
- Reports all potential and real hazards immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Keeps the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, appropriate uniform, appearance, and conduct
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to the hotel
- Maintains working areas, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape
- Asks Sous Chef for assistance from Chefs if needed for the food production function’s uninterrupted service
You can find similar job descriptions on this link.
If you’re looking for hospitality and tourism jobs, click here.