Want to find an example of a Group Sales Manager Job Description? Find more info in our article below. However, if you came to find sales manager jobs, check them out on Tourism Recruit.
The general duty of a group sales manager would be to manage existing accounts and maximize all revenue opportunities. However, if you’d like to see a specific list of duties and required criteria, please scroll down.
Group Sales Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow local corporate market from both transient and group sales perspective.
- Complete targeted weekly sales calls and proactive sales activity in line with hotel sales and marketing plan.
- Secure new accounts for the hotel.
- Manage existing accounts while increasing revenue from same.
- Also, manage group reporting on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with events team to grow MICE business to the hotel.
- Manage and host sales events at the hotel – once every 4/6 weeks.
- Manage local database to ensure contacts are current.
- Liaise with digital marketing executive to manage corporate communication program.
- Provide monthly reporting of planned activities and review of previous month.
- Attend monthly sales meeting with the GM and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain the highest level of communication in line with the brand
- Knowledge of local corporate market is essential.
- Corporate experience is also an advantage.
- Min 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Hospitality industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Full clean driver’s licence.
- Proven track record of delivering sales.
- Creative approach to sales – ability to think outside the box and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work on own initiative once guidance is given.
- Ability to prioritise activities on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Active participation in sales team meetings/events.
- Provide support to other members of the team as may be necessary from time to time
- to meet business demands