Wondering what is a Group HR Manager Job Description? Well, read on to learn more.
Firstly, let’s look at some of the responsibilities of the role. It’s in a Group HR Manager Job Description to be responsible for human resources, training and health & safety for the group.
The Group HR Manager reports to the Group GM and works alongside him to recruit senior staff members.
If you’re looking for HR jobs, check out this link on Tourism Recruit. Otherwise, continue reading to learn more about specific duties and responsibilities.
Group HR Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Review acquisition opportunities from a HR perspective.What are the current team capabilities? Evaluate gap analysis, contracts in place, payroll costs, etc.
- Identify skills gaps within the hotel group & put a training plan in place to address these.
- Put training in place to develop manager’s skills. Particularly in key areas such as finance, sales & marketing, online, human resources, etc.
- Ensure all human resource procedures are legally compliant, that all employees have adequate contracts & that HR & training procedures meet the group’s standards.
- Make sure all hotels are compliant with health & safety legislation. Also, ensure all statutory health & safety training is up to date. Ensure all health, safety & hygiene procedures are being implemented correctly and that all documentation is in place to show that they are being implemented.
- Make sure group HR policies are issued as appropriate.
- Develop succession plans for each business unit.
- Ensure appraisals are being conducted in each property as per group template.
- Implement training matrix & training policies for the group.
- Keep group employee handbook updated with changes in legislation, etc.
- Carry out disciplinary procedures for senior management where necessary. Be the appeal person for 2nd level management where General Manager has carried out the initial disciplinary.
- Support General Managers/HR function with employment issues.
- Report all employee accidents in each business to the Group HR Manager.