Hotel Group Financial Controller
Wondering what does a Group Financial Controller do in a Hotel and what is his or her job description? You’ve come to the right place. Below you will find a hotel Group Financial Controller Job Description as well as necessary requirements for the role.
Here you can check our active hotel financial jobs.
Group Financial Controller Job Description – Responsibilities
- Review acquisition opportunities from a financial perspective. Also, asses investment requirements.
- Ensure each property is producing robust weekly accounts and that monthly P&L and balance sheet & cashflows are updated monthly.
- Implement hotel budget templates and oversee the budgeting process as well. Moreover, review annual hotel budgets and “stress test” them to ensure they are realistic in terms of sales & costs. Identify areas for cost reduction opportunities.
- Review weekly & monthly accounts & questioning profit margins, costs, etc with each hotel general manager & financial controller.
- Examine financial data and reports to ensure that there are no discrepancies.
- Manage group cash-flow and provide monthly group cash-flow reports.
- Prepare monthly group financial reports with KPI’s per business unit.
- Implement purchasing procedures across the group and negotiate purchasing contracts for all group hotels as well. Conduct purchasing comparisons across the group and identify savings as well.
- Furthermore, ensure all statutory tax returns are completed in each property.
- Manage capex budgets across the group and ensure they stay within budget and that the group receives value for money as well.
- Also, manage payroll effectively and within budget.
Financial Controller Requirements
- 3rd Level Accountancy Qualification. ACA/ACCA/CPA qualified or similar.
- You will usually need 3 years’ experience as a Financial controller, as well. Ideally within the hospitality or retail sectors.
- Extensive experience in commercial business profit & loss, balance sheet & cash flow management.
- You will need to be able to create financial templates & streamline the financial processes. Also, you need to able to train financial controllers & accounts personnel as well.
- Good knowledge of financial I.T. systems and ability to manage capex projects are required.
- You also need to have proven ability to manage relationships with key financing partners & key stakeholders as well as strong organisation, communication & presentation skills.
If you’re looking for similar financial job descriptions, check out these below: