Event Operations Director Job Description centers on driving the events operation strategy as well as providing leadership in all events and technical matters. The Event Operations Director usually reports to the CEO and Manages at least the Event and Technical HODs and their teams.
Event Operations Director Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and direction in all Events and Technical matters.
- Produce business plans that deliver on the strategic objectives.
- Ensure that high quality service standards are maintained through continuous reviews of processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the overall strategic business plan to achieve the venue’s financial targets.
- Be an ambassador for customer service. Also, oversee the complaints management process inclusive of OPW reporting.
- Line Management responsibility for Head of Events as well as Head of Technical inclusive of skill and personal development, performance management and succession planning.
- Drive innovation and creativity within event delivery.
- Actively support the sales process.
- Effective and skillful management of key external stakeholder relationships.
- Provide leadership and support to the Events and Technical teams to ensure a full service of the highest quality is provided to clients.
- Development and management of departmental budgets
- Responsible for the overseeing short, medium and long term forecasting and actual cost reporting for Events and Technical departments.
- Accountable for management of the hospitality service contract to ensure an outstanding service provision.
- Accountable for compliance with all legislative requirements for licensing.
- Responsible for Health and Safety in event delivery areas.
Did you find what you were looking for? Check out our active event jobs on Tourism Recruit or create a profile and turn on the notifications. Let the notifications come straight to your inbox.
On the other hand, you can check out our other event job descriptions below: