An Event Coordinator Job Description is detailed below and Event Coordinator responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for compiling and inputting all necessary and accurate information in the functions sheets, consistent with standards and procedure – issuing in a timely manner to the operations team.
- Maintaining a fast reaction time to all inquiries.
- Promotion and selling of the venue at every opportunity through client show-arounds.
- Effective coordination of the full sales process from inquiry through to proposal preparation and delivery of the event for all conference and event bookings.
- To log all meeting and event inquiries and maintain an effective follow up system to secure business.
- Compile weekly and monthly sales reports for the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Responsible for deposits, billing and payments.
- Assist in coordination and attendance of all trade shows and exhibitions
- Maintaining an effective filing system within the office
- Assist in management of all social media streams
Event Coordinator Job Description – Minimum requirements for the role are below:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced conference / events environment.
- A positive attitude and an honest and trustworthy character is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills and an attention to detail.
- Strong sales ability – ability to negotiate and sell efficiently.
- Flexible work arrangements when the business dictates (e.g. attendance at trade shows etc.)
- Strong administration skills to include proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as the ability to learn and utilize new computer software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Did you manage to find what you were looking for? Check out our event jobs or take a look at some other event job descriptions here: