Director of Food & Beverage Job Description Resort
The role incorporates responsibility for F&B operations across all outlets .
The Director of F&B will liaise with the respective Executive Head Chefs in all outlets on menu development as well as work with relevant Restaurant & Bar Managers in relation to service delivery processes.
The scope of the role includes fine dining, informal dining, Banqueting; formal bar and informal bar as well as in-room dining, gallery, private dining and afternoon teas.
Responsible for budgets, revenue achievement, cost controls, operational efficiencies, standards of service service quality and delivery, training, development and well-being of teams, guest service experience, service recovery, inventory controls, new innovations and developments, team motivation and satisfaction.
|Education / Qualifications
- 3rd Level degree in Food & Beverage Management or equivalent experience as below.
- Computer savvy.
- Wine qualification (WSET advanced or higher)
- Financial acumen – costings, budgets
- Knowledge of Opera & Micros
- 3-5 years in specialist F&B management at Senior Management or F&B Director level within a busy & multi facet 5 star:
- Resort with banqueting & golf outlets or
- Brand/Group environment with strong systems/structures offering diverse choice of F&B outlets, banqueting.
- Hands on F&B Operational background at senior management level that includes:
- Fine dining options,
- Informal dining outlets
- Extensive banqueting
- Golf Club House operations
- Hands on banqueting experience catering for volume events
- Hands on golf club F&B operations experience
- Strategic planning & delivery
- Eye for detail – Excellence, quality & standards driven.
- Budgeting, Financial, Payroll, Cost/Pricing competencies
- Worked in contemporary outlets in cutting edge international environs.
- Hotel Resort or Brand operations as opposed to individual restaurant & bar operations.
- Preferred/LQA/Leading background
|Technical Competencies for role
- Competent budgeting/financial/payroll, cost/pricing acumen
- In-depth knowledge of luxury, 5-star service standards
- Extensive knowledge of cuisine variances, current trends, wine, beverages – passion & interest in same
- Visibility – front facing/interactive with Guests/Colleagues – hands on.
- Strong team/people management & ethos
- Effective communicator – honest, tactful, integrity
- Balanced, level headed, objective – delivers under pressure
- Strong coaching, nurturing ethos, excellence driven – supports learning & development
- Relentless & determined, High stamina
- Change management capabilities
- High levels of initiative, ideas, innovativeness
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills -multi-tasks well!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of developing & implementing new menus/restaurant & bar design concepts
- Knowledge of core legislation; employment law, H&S, environmental compliance etc.
- Motivational/Inspirational leadership qualities
- Personable manner – engaging, approachable, friendly & outgoing
- People centred – Relationship builder with guests & with team members/colleagues
- Firm, fair and objective.
- Confident in his/her ability yet having a calm & controlled demeanour.
- Considerate, respectful & engaging
- Level headed & able to see all sides to the problem – A solution finder
- Possess a passion & flair for hospitality
- Immaculately presented & well spoken
- Analytical thinker
|Personal Circumstances, Availability
- EEA citizen or legally permitted to work in Ireland
- Prepared to commit for a minimum of 3-5 years
- Available from xxx
- Full clean driving licence – own car
|Compensation & Benefits Package
- Salary circa XXX (depending on experience)
- Performance related bonus based on KPIs
- Other in-house benefits applicable
To view all job F & B descriptions click here.
To view all jobs on Tourism Recruit you can apply here