Who is a Digital Marketing Manager in a hotel and what is his/her job description? The digital marketing manager usually reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing. They are responsible for the development & execution of the digital marketing strategy for each of the individual revenue streams within the hotel. Of course, it’s in their job description to manage & maximize ROI from our digital marketing strategies.
Find digital marketing jobs on Tourism Recruit or read on to find out more about specific duties and responsibilities that fall in a digital marketing manager job description.
Digital Marketing Manager – Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of online distribution strategy & channels as well as social media strategy. This includes content creation & monitoring to include out of hours.
- Identify new online opportunities that could maximize ROI for the hotel. You are also supposed to attend and represent the Hotel at events.
- Attend revenue meetings to identify revenue opportunities that the digital team can influence. Moreover, execute these opportunities.
- Increase % of revenue from our own website.
- Manage and develop the marketing coordinator.
- Collaborate with our external associates (ie, PPC Agency, web developer, PR Agency etc). Also, collaborate with internal department heads and influence across team.
- Work with Failte Ireland & Tourism Ireland to maximise coverage from online media sources.
- Develop brand promotional campaigns. Furthermore, ensure timeliness to market & liaise with hotel operations teams on cultivation of ideas and implementation of projects.
- Manage our website and email marketing strategy for all revenue areas to maximise return.
- You are responsible for the content management platforms for dynamic websites, landing pages and/or web development projects. Moreover, you are responsible for search engine marketing, SEO & PPC marketing.
- Create bedroom packages and the internally manage selling and promotion.
- Manage our presence on Social Media. Moreover, ensure all sites are on brand and relevant.
- Ensure brand consistency and in all marketing copy, photography, communications and programs.
- Audit, revise and manage the content of the property web page on all travel agent websites.
- Report on the monthly and quarterly analysis. This includes campaigns and channels performance, as well as ROI statistics. Furthermore, identify opportunities from these results and optimize the performance of all marketing channels.
- Chair and coordinate monthly digital marketing meetings.