Job description in short lines – the corporate sales manager is responsible for maximising the overall sales for the hotel. They are also tasked with achieving revenue budgets of the hotel as part of the sales & marketing team.
If you want to find out more about the duties and responsibilities of a corporate sales manager keep on reading. However, if you want to check out the latest sales jobs in the tourism and hospitality industry, click here.
Corporate Sales Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform day to day sales activity including lead generation, face to face meetings, contracting and rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows, client entertainment and national and international sales trips where required.
- Provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
- Partake in hosting FAM trip & Client Evenings in conjunction with the sales & marketing plan.
- Conduct regional sales calls regularly.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key corporate & conference clients.
- Assist in the development and promotion of events and weddings to local and regional markets.
- Utilisate our CRM for logging all sales activity and measurement of KPI’s as well as database building.
- Assist in the development of printed promotional materials including brochures, fliers, special offers, posters, tent cards etc. as required within the Sales Plan.
- Ensure the accurate processing, distribution, recording/filing and follow up on all sales correspondence, including the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations, cancellations, etc.
- Protect and promote the image of the hotel at all times, both in print and verbally.
- Be fully aware of the main market developments and other factors that would influence business or create favourable market conditions.
- Report weekly & monthly on account performance and general activity to Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Assist the Sales & Marketing manager with marketing campaigns such as social media, ezines and advertising.
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis, monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity.