The main role in a commercial director job descriptions is to enhance the commercial performance of the property on a year-round basis. An ideal candidate for this is someone with a relevant degree in business, marketing or management.They also need to have a proven track record in revenue management and streamlining commercial
process to allow for trading success. It’s also in a commercial director job description to know the current systems used in revenue management as well as having a strong commercial background.
You can find finance jobs on Tourism Recruit and continue reading commercial director job description below.
Commercial Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise and implement a comprehensive Revenue, Sales & Marketing strategy for the property.
- Deliver on all budget targets across all revenue generating areas of the property.
- Understand and define the competitive position of the Resort in the market environment.
- Monitor and evaluate existing revenue sales and marketing activities including budget’s forecast and business goals. Effect changes in these activities where appropriate.
- Lead change management projects within the revenue sales and marketing team.
- Train and develop a robust and effective team structure to support all revenue sales and marketing efforts for the business.
- Work with existing staff to build a good team spirit with clear role definition.
- Lead and develop the revenue sales and marketing team to greater success.
Commercial Director Job Description – Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven commercial acumen for delivering revenue and profit from previous roles.
- High level of Revenue management experience in a luxury environment.
- Proven experience of managing and communicating to a range of stakeholders.
- Understanding the importance of operational excellence in all areas of the business.
- Extensive market knowledge with market contacts and connections.
- Experience in leading and implementing change.
- Ability to initiate, lead and inspire a high level of motivation in all team members.
- Experience working with target metrics.
- Strong technology skills.
- Motivational leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Numerical ability.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Negotiation Skills