Curious about what the C&B Supervisor Job Description is? Keep reading.
A C&B Supervisor or Banqueting Supervisor reports directly to the Banqueting Manager and oversees the banqueting staff.
C&B Supervisor Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Train all banquet staff to include conducting a roll call and monthly meetings and illustrating proper techniques and etiquette for various types of service.
- Define performance requirements and develop action plans for achievement of goals. Monitor staff performance.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules. Adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Supervise the set-up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china and glassware according to event order specifications. Inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory and set-up.
- Communicate with the kitchen, service, beverage, conference services, and engineering staff, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events.
- Supervise clean up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Enter billing information into the system to generate a final guest check.
- Order supplies and linens for functions generating Purchase Orders for approval.
- Attend department meetings.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the Banquet.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, and texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation, as well as all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the Banquet.
- Abide by government sale of alcohol regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors and intoxicated persons.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Assist servers and shift leaders with the execution of events according to the event order and the hotel’s quality standards.
- Comply with and implement all performance excellence initiatives.
- Be proactive in identifying and implementing initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Coach staff to adhere to outlet service standards.
- Maintain cleanliness immaculate standards of all work environments in all bars and lounges.
- Solicit feedback from guests concerning food, beverages, service and improvement ideas.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on correct use.
- Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary.
- Provide a clean and safe environment by assigning and assisting with cleaning.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for banquet jobs, click here.