As a business development manager, you are supposed to increase the company profile in the country, but what else is in your job description. Keep on reading to learn more about the duties and responsibilities of a business development manager and their job description. Or jump over to our website and find the latest sales jobs in hospitality and tourism industry in Ireland.
Business Development Manager Job Description
– Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, qualify and maximise new business opportunities.
- Meet or exceed sales targets.
- Provide accurate sales forecasting information to the business.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our target clients and groups.
- Understand and articulate the value proposition of our solutions.
- Taking leads Marketing and Telesales to drive business.
- Attending Trade shows.
- Be highly proactive and search our opportunities to develop business.
- Disseminate product information and return on investment to prospects.
- Increase the profile of the company throughout the country.
- Maintaining and updating sensitive customer data.
- Follow internal security and data handling procedures.
Business Development Manager Profile
A business development manager is a person who is:
- Customer-focused – you put a customer lens on all that you do. You have the ability to understand the problems of our target customers and translate them into actionable insights.
- Tech- savvy – whilst you don’t need to be able to code, we like our employees to be tech-savvy enough to understand the nuances and workings of our technologies.
- Prepared to drive change – You use learning techniques, soft skills and lead by example to inject new ways of thinking wherever needed.
- Curious – you read around your subject and default to open when it comes to sharing knowledge.
- Great with people – you understand how to get the best out of people, delivering a message right and influencing across different teams and stakeholders.
- Successful in hitting their target – Hitting, surpassing and setting new targets is second nature to you. You’re motivated by your sales figures and providing a fantastic service to your clients.