If you’re wondering what a Business Development Executive does and what is in their job description, you’ve come to the right place. Keep on reading to find out which duties and responsibilities you’ll often find listed in a Business Development Executive job description.
However, if you’re looking for sales jobs in hospitality and tourism industry, check out our website.
Business Development Executive – Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate new business to drive sales and profitably to meet budgetary targets. Confidently and competently manage all steps of the Sales Funnel Process.
- Manage bidding and internal approval procedures to ensure commercially sound, competitive and profitable financial deals.
- Proactively seek and identify sales to ensure we maximise all opportunities for new business growth.
- Support national/regional group bid opportunities in a supportive and conscientious manner.
- Develop, in conjunction with the sales and marketing manager, a business growth strategy for the Hotel.
- Compile an activity plan to target potential new customers from identified prospects and create their own prospect database.
- Analyse and understand your local market and sector including competitor strengths and weaknesses, demographic trends and corporate activity. Tailor your sales plans to make the most of any opportunities.
- Carry out an agreed number of sales calls per calendar month split between relevant market segments including site visits, presentations and reviews.
- Work with Operations teams to seek and exploit opportunities to cross-sell and expand our services within existing contracts.
- Carry out client entertaining, events, activity to nurture and build on existing and future business relationships.
- Build and maintain relationships with key target customers and networks.
- Work with Hotel preferred channels to maximise sales and ensure all contracted rates or displayed through this channel.
- Represent the Company at appointments, presentations and trade shows both nationally and internationally.
- Deliver monthly revenue and activity reports.
- Update and maintain client and prospect database, conforming to company requirements.