Bar Manager Job Description (Country Hotel)
Our Hotel is currently seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and innovative Bar Manager to join their professional and highly skilled in-house team. If you are passionate about the beverage industry and hospitality in general and would like to develop your career within a successful and extremely popular property, we could have an exciting opportunity for you.
This is a full-time position working an average of 45 hours per week. 5 days over 7 to include weekends and public holidays.
- Overall management of the beverage service of this 4* hotel property which includes 4 bars.
- Management of a team of 25 staff working within the bars department of the hotel.
- Planning & organising the entertainments schedule for the hotel i.e. live bands etc.
- Overseeing the bar food service within the property and liaising with the kitchen team on menu’s etc.
- Management of budgets and targets for the beverage department of the property.
- Weekly stocktakes.
- Staff training and development
- Driving sales initiatives for the bars department – in conjunction with the hotels in-house sales team.
- Covering duty management shifts within the hotel property.
- Working closely with the hotel’s management team on the day to day running of this busy property.
- Ensuring excellent service is provided to all guests to the hotels 4 bars.
- Must have previous experience working as a bar manager/similar role within a busy bar’s venue – this experience is essential.
- Previous hotel experience within a 3*/4* property is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience with a venue which had a busy entertainment schedule is essential as the Bar Manager will be responsible for organising bands for our live music venue on a weekly basis.
- Must be HACCP trained.
- Must be able to multi-task and be willing to help out where required in all areas of the hotel.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of the beverage industry and the new initiatives/innovations taking place within the industry.
- Must have knowledge of financial reports.
- Must have strong people management skills
- Must have an outgoing personality as the Bars Manager will become an ambassador for the property regarding the bars and entertainment events.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Must be available for early starts although the Bars Manager will predominantly work evenings and weekends.
- Must be fluent in the English Language both written and spoken.
- Must be enthusiastic and a quick learner.
- Free parking
- Free staff meals while on duty
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Health Insurance (Reduced Rates)
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- Staff Reward & Recognition Initiatives
To view all job F & B descriptions click here.
To view all jobs on Tourism Recruit you can apply here