A Banquet Manager Job Description is extensive. They usually report to F&B Manager or the General Manager. You can read more about their duties and responsibilities below.
Duties and Responsibilities of Banquet Manager
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Hire, train, motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of the employees in the Banquet Department.
- Identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue.
- Prepare banquet checks with all back-up for collection at the end of functions.
- Prepare the payroll and gratuity reports as required.
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained on quality and service standards.
- Conduct monthly departmental meetings to provide vital information to the banquet staff. Obtain staff feedback regarding the department itself. Also, provide a regular forum for improving departmental communication.
- Constantly monitor the staff’s appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism to insure their strict adherence to the hotel’s standards of quality service
- Coordinate with the managers of interrelated departments.
- Ensure all f&b equipment is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis.
- Directly oversee the actual set-up and service of contracted functions by giving specific menu information to the servers.
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention space are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Attend regular catering meetings to obtain information of the upcoming contracted functions.
- Ensure proper care, security and maintenance of hotel equipment through proper supervision of service personnel.
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests.
- Manage local f&b marketing programmes for the hotel; participate in and maintain system-wide f&b marketing programmes and promotions. Monitor local competitors and industry trends as well. Review and approve menu design and concepts with the Executive Chef.
- Conduct proper f&b inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
Is this Banquet Manager Job Description accurate? What needs to be added?