The Assistant Procurement Manager job description is to formulate and drive a consistent approach towards group sourcing and supply. That involves contract negotiation, pricing, and cost management. This role is integral to the efficient management of systems and process controls. An Assistant Procurement Manager reports to the the Head of Procurement.
Here you can easily find procurement jobs, and you can read more about the role below.
Assistant Procurement Manager Job Description – Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of the team ensuring high performance and productivity.
- Day to day operations with an emphasis on quick response times to the hotel units. This is order to limit any potential impact as a result of supply issues on hotel operations.
- Sourcing and supply across a wide range of spend categories. This includes food, beverage, consumables, service contracts and capital.
- Contract tendering, negotiation, implementation. and management.
- Identify cost saving opportunities that will enhance the profitability of the company.
- Data analysis and reporting including monitoring mechanisms that identifies savings achieved by category and supplier.
- Develop and build relationships with existing suppliers and create relationships with new suppliers.
- Communicate to suppliers the needs and expectations of the company and support the hotels in monitoring supplier performance in line with KPI`s, contractual obligations ,and service level agreements.
- Ensure compliance of established purchasing policies and procedures. Conduct ongoing reviews of same and implement continuous improvements where required.
- Supplier reviews and audits.
- Develop a suitable contract database and protocol for ongoing supplier management including the ongoing creation and management of preferred suppliers. Highlight key contracted information.
- Effectively engage with hotel operations and finance to ensure processes and controls are understood and best practices adhered to. Implement training programmes where necessary.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure a smooth workflow within the procure to pay process and lead process and efficiency improvements.
- Assist in the development and achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Consult / work with other senior managers on specific initiatives as required and undertake any other duties as requested by the senior management.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years` management experience in a centralised procurement environment.
- An appropriate third level qualification in business or procurement.
- Centralised Procurement System experience – SAP SRM/R3 desirable, but not essential.
- Commercially focused and a keen eye for detail with strong analytical & numerical skills.
- High level competence in Microsoft excel and other office packages.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills (both verbal and written).