Assistant Manager Job Description – responsible for the smooth operation of all departments within the hotel while on duty and carrying our duty management shifts.
An Assistant Manager usually reports to either the DGM or General Manager. Also, depending on the type of property, an Assistant Manager can have a specific responsibilities towards a single department.
Read more to learn about specific duties and responsibilities or check Assistant Manager jobs on Tourism Recruit.
Assistant Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote Excellent Customer Service to our guests.
- Handle complaints and guest queries that arise in a professional and efficient manner. Ensure thorough and complete follow up.
- Lead and supervise the teams while on duty and lead by example.
- Record all accidents, incidents and near misses that arise while on duty, following the correct procedures.
- Ensure daily fire walks are completed and any hazards are reported or rectified promptly.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of both staff and guests at all times while on duty.
- Communicate relevant information with departments in a professional manner.
- Monitor and control costs such as repairs & renewals.
- Have a keen & genuine interest in food & beverage.
- Monitor, control & budget the food & beverage costs.
- Responsible for monthly food & beverage stocktakes.
- Assist HODs to implement standards throughout the departments.
- Responsible for corresponding meeting room confirmation to guests.
- Assist in any On the Job Training and attend any relevant training courses.
- Ensure control systems in place are adhered to at all times.
Check out similar job descriptions below: