Assistant Bar Manager Job Description
The role involves:
- Ensuring the provision of an efficient and high quality food & beverage experience within our bar.
- Delivering an outstanding guest experience by exceeding expectations.
- Carrying out all tasks in accordance with procedures as outlined in the Bar Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and that all tasks and checklists are actioned and completed during shift.
- Being aware of activities throughout the hotel, i.e. meetings/conferences, groups and to be aware of any special requirements which need to be set up or provided by the bar. Ensure the team are fully briefed on these activities and requirements.
- Maintaining effective communications with all Departments, in particular the Kitchen, Restaurant and Front Desk.
- Supporting the Bar Manager in looking after all aspects of service
- Providing ongoing training to the team on all areas of bar service, food & beverage offerings and Bar SOPs.
- Maximising all available sales opportunities, implement initiatives and train the team accordingly.
- Operational tasks, such as opening, closing, cashing up and reporting.
- Ensure that all aspects of stock and cash handling are following at all times in accordance with Hotel Policy.
- Having the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness.
The ideal candidate must have:
- At least 2 years supervisory experience in a similar role
- Comprehensive cocktail and drinks knowledge is essential
- Be passionate about service and leading a team to deliver the highest standards of customer service
- A natural ease with guests
To view lots of F & B job descriptions on Tourism Recruit please click here.
To view all our live bar jobs please click here.