Assistant Banqueting Manager Job Description is primarily to supervise the function of all Banqueting Department employees, facilities, sales and costs.
Assistant Banqueting Manager Job Description
Main duties of an Assistant Banqueting Manager are as follows:
- Assisting the Banqueting Manager in controlling, analysing and ensuring optimum performance in:
- Operating costs
- Merchandising and marketing
- Quality levels of product and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Assisting the Banqueting Manager in following up on business referrals and potential sales leads
- Collaborating with the Banqueting Manager in the preparation, presentation and service of banquet food and beverage products.
- Informing, on a daily basis the Marketing & Event Manager of all relevant information in operational and personal matters as well as information which does not require the Executive Chef’s action.
- Assisting the Banqueting Manager in maintaining a record system to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Banquet reservation book
- Files on all previous functions
- Sales solicitation programme
- Customer contact file
- Room utilisation
- Promotion file
- Menu and activities file
- Along with the Banqueting Manager supervise and coordinate, in liaison with the Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef, the pricing and preparation of Banquet menus, beverage and wine.
- Assisting the Banqueting Manager in developing formal training.
- Identify training needs within the Banqueting Department.
- Establishing and maintaining effective Employee Relations within the department.
- Recruitment interviews as well as disciplinary interviews
- Grievance meetings
- Performance appraisals
- Coaching and training session
- To be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb Procedures
- Stimulating and encouraging a general awareness of Health & Safety issues in relation to all tasks and activities.
- Making sure that all members of the Department have received adequate training in all aspects relevant to Health & Safety
- Ensuring that the highest possible standards of personal hygiene are maintained by all members of the department
- Attending and contributing to Banqueting Department meetings
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Banqueting Manager in his/her absence
Check out banqueting jobs on Tourism Recruit or read through other banquet job descriptions.