Primary responsibility that falls in an Assistant Accommodation Manager Job Description is assisting in the management of the Accommodation Department on a daily basis as well as in the absence of the Executive Accommodation Manager. The role differs slightly when we’re considering a 4* hoteel and a 5* resort. However, regardless of the hotel’s standards, the Assistant Accommodation Manager Job Description entails the following duties.
Assistant Accommodation Manager Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete accommodation worksheets before the staff arrive making sure that any special requests are noted.
- Monitors and maintains a high level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, linen rooms, offices, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
- Monitors job performance pertaining to the level of cleanliness.
- Trains and coaches Lead Accommodation Assistants and Accommodation Assistants.
- Compiles and reports accurate status of guest rooms to the Front Office department.
- Maintains room quality as per checklist.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Conducts inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Manages schedules and rosters.
- Works closely with Maintenance to coordinate projects for the guest rooms.
- Reports to the Front Office in the morning to retrieve the Housekeeping keys and again at the end of the day to turn the keys in.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Enforces the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures daily line up and departmental meetings are completed according to hotel standards.
There are also some minimum requirements you need to meet in most cases to land a role as this. Please read more about them below.
As a candidate applying to the role of an Assistant Accommodation Manager, here are the requirements you have to meet:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Previous accommodation experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate in English with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Excellent knowledge of computers.
- Experience of administration work and report writing.
Found what you were looking for? Click here to learn more about an Accommodation Manager Job Description.
Otherwise, click on this link if you’re on the lookout for accommodation jobs.