An accommodation supervisor job description or housekeeping supervisor job description usually entails all the same duties as would an Asst Accommodation Manager’s. Depending on the size of the hotel and the Accommodation team there is some difference to the two. However, an accommodation supervisor job description usually looks like this.
Acommodation Supervisor Job Description – Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete accommodation worksheets before the staff start their shift, making sure that any special requests are noted.
- Monitors job performance pertaining to the level of cleanliness.
- Compiles and reports accurate status of guest rooms to the Front Office department.
- Monitors and maintains a high level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, linen rooms, offices, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
- Maintains room quality as per checklist.
- Ensures daily line up and departmental meetings are completed according to SOPs.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Works closely with Maintenance to coordinate projects for the guest rooms.
- Reports to the front office in the morning to retrieve the housekeeping keys and again at the end of the day to turn the keys in.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Conducts inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Enforces the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
Specific Knowledge, Skill And Ability
- Coordinating and determining the time, place and sequence of operations or actions to be taken on the basis of analysis of data.
- Analysing and interpreting established policies.
- Planning and organising the work of others.
- Executing and/or reporting on events.
- Understanding the government regulations covering business operation.
- Dealing with the general public, customers, employees with tact and courtesy.
- Changing activity frequently and coping with interruptions.
- Accepting full responsibility for managing an activity.
There are some minimum requirements for an Accommodation Supervisor and they’re often found in their job description. Have a look at some of them below.
- Previous accommodation experience.
- Previous leadership experience in a 4/5 star hotel.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to provide legible communication